We have identified regional outreach contacts at key universities in the UK, and we work with these contacts to deliver regional activities and events. Our contacts are:
- Dr Marianne Ellis, The University of Bath – South West Outreach Contact
- Dr Lucy Foley, National Biologics Manufacturing Centre – North Outreach Contact
- Prof Liam Grover, The University of Birmingham – Mercia Outreach Contact
- Dr Ivan Wall, University College London – South East Outreach Contact
Sandpits events which combine networking, project scoping and a Dragons’ Den style pitch to bid for funding provided by the EPSRC Centre. These events have a specific theme based on an unmet clinical need and researchers from a variety of disciplines and types of organisation come together to respond to the theme by creating novel projects. For more details of sandpit events and the resulting projects, visit this page.
In order to maximise the benefit to the community, we complement existing networks’ efforts by partnering on activities. Examples include the following co-organised events:
- London Regenerative Medicine Network (LRMN) meeting in November 2012, featuring talks by international opinion leaders Peter Zandstra (Toronto) and Robert Deans (Athersys).
- HealthTech and Medicines KTN event ‘Getting the product to the patient’ in October 2013, resulting in a StemBook publication.
- Early career researchers’ careers awareness event with Regener8 in February 2014.
Organisations interested in partnering with the EPSRC Centre on a future event are invited to contact us.